Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Eastern Canada Road Trip & China is Approaching

Time for another disjointed blog post. It's the product of the fact that 1) My mind is a bit too 'groggy' to be very creative and make any post that is satisfactorily detailed and 2) So much has happened since the last post that I doubt I could talk about my summer in any other way. Here we go:

Time flies when you're having fun.

Teaching English to adults... It's something that makes me feel good at the end of the day.

I want to own a cabin someday. Lake of the Woods is beautiful beyond compare. Especially if you're 'On a Boat' in your 'Flippy-Floppies'.

Don't underestimated family relative hospitality.

Road trips are fun, long, and... fun. Even more so when you can fly back after you've seen the scenery once.

You'll always spend more money than you'd think when on vacation. Especially if you're me.

People make the trip. You know who you are.

Toronto, Montreal and Quebec are all equally awesome, in their own way.

Toronto for cosmopolitan lifestyle. And private bowling lanes.

Montreal is Toronto but with a sense of grizzly style, grace, a good helping of party spirit, and en francais.

Quebec is beautiful, serene, confident, and proud. Which may come off as pompous at first... but its more a vulnerability and sense of cultural survival. I admire that.

Learning French and speaking French are two different things. I want both.

'La Belle Provence' is Quebec... I'll be back again soon.

The point of traveling isn't to see new things, but to gain new eyes.

Happiness means nothing unless it's shared with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment